The easiest way to find Australian real estate
Australian House Hunters is a directory for Australian real estate. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to find real estate business and real estate websites.
We're a pure directory just for real estate. That's it.
The Australian House Hunters Directory is maintained by editors who evaluate sites for inclusion in the directory.
They are our experts, and all submissions are subject to editor evaluation.
The Australian House Hunters Directory is not a search engine governed by algorithmic (automatic) processes. Instead, it allows users to search for quality websites that are "manually reviewed" by human editors to see if the website really is of good quality in terms of providing information, trust and reputation.
The Australian House Hunters Directory editors check a website's integrity manually by visiting the actual website, reading your content in detail, examining your services and website objectives, checking your background (by reading your "About" page) and lastly checking your business address.
If the websites cannot pass the "integrity" and "quality" checks, a Australian House Hunters Directory listing will be denied.
This is of course different from algorithmic search engines, because websites can appear on the top of the results without a concise "about page," "background" and even "contact page," as these search engines evaluate content quality and relevance differently from the way that Australian House Hunters Directory editors do.
Determine whether a site is appropriate for submission to the Australian House Hunters Directory:
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory.
- Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory.
- Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
- Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once. Example: http://www.australianhousehunters.com.au and http://www.australianhousehunters.com.au/index.html
- Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address.
- The Australian House Hunters Directory has a policy against the inclusion of sites with illegal content. Examples of illegal material include child pornography; libel; material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or abets illegal activity (such as fraud or violence).
- Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
- Don't submit sites consisting largely of affiliate links.
One of the major reasons why a site is not listed is because it is of "poor quality" and not in accordance with Australian House Hunters Directory submission guidelines.
Please recognise that making the Australian House Hunters Directory a useful resource requires us to exercise broad editorial discretion in determining the content and structure of the directory.
That discretion extends (but is not limited) to what sites to include, where in the directory sites are placed, whether and when to include more than one link to a site, when deep linking is appropriate, and the content of the title and description of the site.
In addition, a site's placement in the directory is subject to change or deletion at any time at our sole discretion.
You should not rely on any aspect of a site's inclusion in the directory.
Please understand that an editor's exercise of discretion may not always treat all submissions equally.
You may not always agree with our choices, but we hope you recognize that we do our best to make fair and reasonable decisions.
Australian House Hunters Directory
9/90 Bentons Road
Contact us by phone
(03) 5975 7512